Del Hovden is a leading attorney in personal injury claims in Southern California who has been practicing law for over 30 years. Del and the firm's staff take pride in the many satisfied clients whom he has represented in complex cases involving injury and death resulting from defective products, accident claims, elder abuse, malpractice and insurance litigation.
As one of the preeminent attorneys in this region, Mr. Hovden has been recognized for exemplary performance and outstanding service in upholding the highest standards of the legal profession when voted by his peers as the Attorney of the Year, 2005 by the Southeast District Bar Association.
Del was also recognized as one of the top practitioners in his field when Martindale-Hubbell bestowed the AV rating on him, recognizing his exceptional skill and highest ethical standards.
He graduated from U.C. Berkeley in 1975, with a Bachelors Degree with the award Distinction in General Scholarship. He then attended and graduated from Pepperdine University School of Law in 1978, and passed the bar exam the same year. While at Pepperdine, Del achieved great success in Moot Court, where his team placed second in the Roger Traynor Moot court competition, a statewide event which features only the top law schools in California.
In his 30 years of practice Del is most proud of the time and attention he provides to his clients, to help them get through the difficult time they face when dealing with insurance companies, corporations, nursing homes and doctors. This can be very difficult work where one misstep can be costly. He points out that because he usually works on a contingency, his clients know up front that his interest and their interest are the same: do the best job possible for each client at each opportunity possible. The proof is in the results where masterful skill produce results that few are capable of achieving.
Del is deeply dedicated to the study of law and advancement of professionalism. He is the current Vice President of the Southeast District Bar Association. He has been a board member and president of the Whittier Bar Association, where he continues to serve as an emeritus board member. Del is also an active member of the American Association for Justice, the Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles, Consumer Attorneys of California, California Bar Association and the Western Trial Lawyers Association.
He is involved in the community as a member of the local Lions Club, chairperson of the West County Family YMCA, and past board member of the Rio Hondo Temporary Home. Del donates a substantial amount of time to assisting courts in Los Angeles and Orange counties. He also works as an arbitrator and mediator for private hire in personal injury, malpractice, elder abuse and product liability matters.
- Year Joined Organization:
- Areas of Practice:
- Civil Trial Practice
- Serious Personal Injury
- Truck Accidents
- Products Liability
- Medical and Legal Malpractice
- Elder Abuse
- Wrongful Death
- Bar Admissions:
- California, 1978
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1978
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California,
- University of California, Berkeley,
Honors: With Distinction
- Honors and Awards:
- Attorney of the Year, Southwest District Bar Association, 2005
- American Jurisprudence Award in Criminal Procedure
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Los Angeles County Superior Court/U.S.C., 1997 - 1998
- Court Improvement Task Force
- Whittier Bar Association, 1997
- Whittier Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Attorney-Client Relations Committee
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California, 1996 - 1997
- Delegate, Conference of Delegates
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Southeast Bar Association
- Western Trial Lawyers Association
- Southeast District Bar Association, 2011 - Present